Blists Hill Victorian Town
Blists Hill Victorian Town is one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. Enjoy a truly memorable day out at this recreated Victorian Town. An enjoyable way for all ages to discover more about Victorian life.
Experience life as it was over 100 years ago through the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of a recreated Victorian Town.
Victorian characters will give you a fascinating insight into Victorian life as they go about their daily lives in their cottages, shops and places of work.
- Exchange your money at the Bank into pounds, shillings and pence
- Try some of our traditionally cooked fish and chips or delicious bread from the bakery
- Find out about curious remedies in the Victorian Pharmacy
- Admire the products on sale in the Grocers and the General Drapers and Outfitter
- Choose from a range of ‘old favourites’ in the sweetshop
- Have fun at the Victorian Fairground during the Summer season
- Take a look inside Victorian cottages and discover what life was like for a Victorian housewife
- Dress up in Victorian costume to have an unforgettable portrait taken at the photographers
- Meet the animals and enjoy a journey around the town on a horse and cart
- Witness traditional skills in action at the printers, candle makers and decorative plasterers
- Explore original industrial monuments such as the Hay Inclined Plane and Blast Furnaces
You should allow 2 - 4 hours for a visit to Blists Hill Victorian Town. The site covers an area of 52 acres and is mostly outdoors. You will need to be adequately dressed for the weather as well as for walking on unmade roads.
Check the Events Calendar for further information on the range of hands-on activities and events which run during most school holidays.
- Sat Nav: TF7 5UD
- View on Google Maps
- Open 7 days a week
- 10am – 4pm
Join in our fun craft activity and make your own simple package to put your favourite sweets in.
Watch the ladies of Blists Hill Victorian Town as they take part in the annual pancake flipping contest held outside the Print Shop at 12 noon on Shrove...
Easter-themed Shadow Lamp Making
Come along to Blists Hill Victorian Town during the Easter holidays and take part in our Shadow Lamp Making workshop. Join in the fun craft activity to make...
The Great Easter Bunny Hunt
Celebrate Easter at Blists Hill Victorian Town with a new themed trail. Families can hunt for the Easter Bunnies that are hiding in the Blists Hill woods and...
Traditional Easter Celebrations
Join the residents of Blists Hill Victorian Town as they celebrate Easter.
Blists Hill in Steam
See Blists Hill Victorian Town’s eclectic collection of steam machines in their full working splendour at our popular Bank Holiday event. During your visit you’ll also be able to...
Join the residents at Blists Hill Victorian Town as they celebrate a traditional Victorian Spring Wedding.
Queen Victoria’s Birthday
Celebrate Her Majesty’s birthday with special festivities and entertainment throughout the Town. The Town will be alive with patriotic activity and entertainment and all the shops and cottages will...
Spring Half-term Family Activities
Come along to Blists Hill Victorian Town during the May school half-term holidays and take part in a variety of fun drop-in activities from dipping fabulously colourful candles and...
Blitz Hill - A 1940's Evening on the Home Front
Enjoy an evening on the home front as Blists Hill Victorian Town is transformed to the 1940s. Come dressed in 1940s outfits and experience the food and entertainment...