Blists Hill Victorian Town
Blists Hill Victorian Town is one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. Enjoy a truly memorable day out at this recreated Victorian Town. An enjoyable way for all ages to discover more about Victorian life.
Experience life as it was over 100 years ago through the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of a recreated Victorian Town.
Victorian characters will give you a fascinating insight into Victorian life as they go about their daily lives in their cottages, shops and places of work.
- Exchange your money at the Bank into pounds, shillings and pence
- Try some of our traditionally cooked fish and chips or delicious bread from the Bakery
- Find out about curious remedies in the Victorian Pharmacy
- Admire the products on sale in the Grocers and the General Drapers and Outfitter
- Choose from a range of ‘old favourites’ in the Sweetshop
- Have fun at the Victorian Fairground during the Summer season
- Take a look inside Victorian cottages and discover what life was like for a Victorian housewife
- Dress up in Victorian costume to have an unforgettable portrait taken at the Photographers
- Meet the animals and enjoy a journey around the town on a horse and cart
- Witness traditional skills in action at the Printers, Candle Factory and Decorative Plasterers
- Explore original industrial monuments such as the Hay Inclined Plane and Blast Furnaces
You should allow 2 - 4 hours for a visit to Blists Hill Victorian Town. The site covers an area of 52 acres and is mostly outdoors. You will need to be adequately dressed for the weather as well as for walking on unmade roads.
Check the Events Calendar for further information on the range of hands-on activities and events which run during most school holidays.
Blists Hill Victorian Town will close at 3pm on Saturday 22 June to allow for preparations for the Blitz Hill event.
- Sat Nav: TF7 5DU
- View on Google Maps
- Open 7 days a week
- 10am – 5pm
Queen Victoria's Birthday
Join the townsfolk as they celebrate Her Majesty's Birthday with patriotic and colourful entertainment and activities.
Meet the Horses
Find out more about the Town’s horses, chat to their keepers and enjoy shoeing and grooming demonstrations.
NEW for 2013 - Enjoy an evening on the home-front as Blists Hill Victorian Town is transformed to the 1940s. Come dressed in 40s outfits, pick...
Meet the Animals
Find out more about the Town’s animals and chat to their keepers.
Treasure Island Weekend
Come along to Blists Hill Victorian Town dressed as a pirate or your favourite character from Robert Louis Stevenson’s famous novel, Treasure Island.
Are you an amateur sleuth and budding private detective? If so, you can help Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson solve a mysterious crime, which has taken place at...
See some amazing working Meccano models and find out more about the versatile building system with the Telford Meccano Society.
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
Blists Hill Victorian Town will be hosting a themed event over the Bank Holiday weekend of 24 - 26 August based on the much-loved Victorian novel...
The annual harvest will be celebrated in a traditional fashion with a display of produce and a thanksgiving service in the Mission Church.
Anyone with a penchant for creepy crawlies, ghosts and ghouls and a spooky atmosphere should head for Blists Hill Victorian Town on the evening of Saturday 26 October...