Friends of IGMT
The Friends Organisation was founded to support the work of the Museum and to enable its members to become involved in that work.
The Friends Organisation was founded in 1969 to support the conservation and development work of the Museum and to enable its members to become involved in that work. Friends remain a vibrant and active force to this day.
The Friends help in many ways:
- Staffing exhibits
- Providing a trained guiding service
- Purchasing important additions to the Museum's collections
- Providing a 'kick-start' donation for larger national grants
- Researching into the social history of the area and record memories
- Contributing specialised knowledge and interests.
There are regular talks, visits and events for the Friends. See the Friends Calendar for details.