Friends of IGMT
The Friends Organisation was founded nearly 40 years ago to support the conservation and development work of the Museum and to enable its members to become involved in that work. Friends remain a vibrant and active force to this day.
The Friends help in many ways:
- Volunteering to man exhibits
- Providing a trained guiding service
- Purchasing important additions to the Museum's collections
- Providing a 'kick-start' donation for larger national grants
- Researching the social history of the area and recording memories
- Contributing specialised knowledge and interests.
There are regular talks, visits and events for the Friends. See the Friends Calendar for details.
Friends’ 2013 Photographic Competition
Entries are now being accepted for the third annual Photographic Competition (closing date 31st August 2013).
We are inviting all keen amateur photographers to enter their best efforts into the competition which offers cash prizes for the winners.
The theme of ‘Our Industrial Heritage’ will hopefully encourage people to take a second look at some of the many structures and relics that survive from Britain’s once booming industrial past.
For more details please contact Judy Mondon, Friends Administrator on 01952 435 931 or by email: email@example.com or click here to download an entry form and full details of the competition including terms and conditions.