Enginuity is one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. Enjoy a fun-filled family day out at this science and technology centre packed with hands-on activities and interactive exhibits.
Test your reactions against the speed of a robot, generate power from water or pull a locomotive by hand.
Investigate science and discover more about the power of technology at Enginuity.
- Discover how a little ingenuity will empower you to pull a 10 ton locomotive by hand or generate electricity from flowing water
- Look at familiar objects with new eyes using the giant x-ray machine
- Build an earthquake proof tower
- Challenge our robotic arm to test the speed of your reactions
- Sketch out your own ideas in the design zone
- Join in one of our great hands-on school holiday workshops including: Speed, Techno Terrors and Space Race (See Events Calendar for more details)
- Watch amazing interactive shows during most school holiday workshops (See Events Calendar for more details).
You should allow 1-2 hours for a visit to Enginuity. Machines are available selling drinks and confectionery, whilst the café at the adjacent Coalbrookdale Museum of Iron serves light meals.
Check the Events Calendar for further information on the range of hands-on workshops and events which run during all of the major school holidays.
Tunes from the Trenches
On Saturday 25 October the Stringcredibles, a quartet of CBSO musicians will be performing “Tunes from the Trenches” at Enginuity to commemorate the centenary of the...
The Big Draw at Enginuity
This October half-term take part in our free Big Draw workshops. The Big Draw workshops will take place from 10.30am-3.45pm as usual. An admission ticket is required to take...
Sticky Critters Workshops
This October half-term join-in fun workshops and activities at Enginuity. You can make colourful and creepy suction-cup creatures that can stick to your windows. There will also be a...
Gorgeous - 10th Anniversary Event
Join us at Enginuity for the 10th annual Gorgeous Contemporary Craft Fair.