Enginuity is one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. Enjoy a fun-filled family day out at this science and technology centre packed with hands-on activities and interactive exhibits.
Test your reactions against the speed of a robot, generate power from water or pull a locomotive by hand.
Investigate science and discover more about the power of technology at Enginuity.
- Discover how a little ingenuity will empower you to pull a 10 ton locomotive by hand or generate electricity from flowing water
- Look at familiar objects with new eyes using the giant x-ray machine
- Build an earthquake proof tower
- Challenge our robotic arm to test the speed of your reactions
- Sketch out your own ideas in the design zone
- Join in one of our great hands-on school holiday workshops including: Speed, Techno Terrors and Space Race (See Events Calendar for more details)
- Watch amazing interactive shows during most school holiday workshops (See Events Calendar for more details).
You should allow 1-2 hours for a visit to Enginuity. Machines are available selling drinks and confectionery, whilst the café at the adjacent Coalbrookdale Museum of Iron serves light meals.
Check the Events Calendar for further information on the range of hands-on workshops and events which run during all of the major school holidays.
An amazing display of working Meccano models created by Telford and Ironbridge Meccano Society (TIMS) will be an extra bonus for anyone visiting Enginuity over the May Day Bank...
Museums at Night
As part of Museums at Night, the late night festival of arts, culture, and heritage, Enginuity will be opening its doors on Saturday evening, 14 May for a...
Crafty Clocks Workshops
Step back in time and find out more about the history of time-keeping and decorate a clock with your own design and choice of colours to take home...