Enginuity is one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. Enjoy a fun-filled family day out at this science and technology centre packed with hands-on activities and interactive exhibits.
Test your reactions against the speed of a robot, generate power from water or pull a locomotive by hand.
Investigate science and discover more about the power of technology at Enginuity.
- Discover how a little ingenuity will empower you to pull a 10 ton locomotive by hand or generate electricity from flowing water
- Look at familiar objects with new eyes using the giant x-ray machine
- Build an earthquake proof tower
- Challenge our robotic arm to test the speed of your reactions
- Sketch out your own ideas in the design zone
- Join in one of our great hands-on school holiday workshops including: Speed, Techno Terrors and Space Race (See Events Calendar for more details)
- Watch amazing interactive shows during most school holiday workshops (See Events Calendar for more details).
You should allow 1-2 hours for a visit to Enginuity. Machines are available selling drinks and confectionery, whilst the café at the adjacent Coalbrookdale Museum of Iron serves light meals.
Check the Events Calendar for further information on the range of hands-on workshops and events which run during all of the major school holidays.
Moving Pictures Workshops
This Easter find out more about how still images are used to create moving pictures. Take part in amazing interactive activities and make your own zoetrope. A zoetrope...
Energy on The Move Workshops
This half-term find out about different types of energy and see how energy transfers in some fantastic interactive activities. You can also make your own dancing jitterbug and see...
Made in China Workshops
This summer find out all about the fantastic inventions, science and technology that have come from China. We’ll be looking at things like tangrams, boat making, kites, fireworks, silk...