Enginuity is one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. Enjoy a fun-filled family day out at this science and technology centre packed with hands-on activities and interactive exhibits.
Test your reactions against the speed of a robot, generate power from water or pull a locomotive by hand.
Investigate science and discover more about the power of technology at Enginuity.
- Discover how a little ingenuity will empower you to pull a 10 ton locomotive by hand or generate electricity from flowing water
- Look at familiar objects with new eyes using the giant x-ray machine
- Build an earthquake proof tower
- Challenge our robotic arm to test the speed of your reactions
- Sketch out your own ideas in the design zone
- Join in one of our great hands-on school holiday workshops including: Speed, Techno Terrors and Space Race (See Events Calendar for more details)
- Watch amazing interactive shows during most school holiday workshops (See Events Calendar for more details).
You should allow 1-2 hours for a visit to Enginuity. Machines are available selling drinks and confectionery, whilst the café at the adjacent Coalbrookdale Museum of Iron serves light meals.
Check the Events Calendar for further information on the range of hands-on workshops and events which run during all of the major school holidays.
Illuminate your understanding of light during the Easter school holidays at Enginuity. Drop-in family workshops from 28 March until 12 April will celebrate the 2015 Year of Light and...
Museums at Night
As part of the national Museum at Night project join in this free fun family event. Have a go on all the giant interactive displays throughout Enginuity and then...
Magnetic May Workshops
Discover more about all things magnetic at the drop-in family workshops to be held at Enginuity during the half-term holiday from Saturday 23 until Sunday 31 May. While you're...
Terrific Textiles Workshops
You’ll be able to discover more about fantastic creations made from a variety of textiles at our drop-in workshops this summer holiday from Saturday 18 July until Sunday...