The Darby Houses are one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. Experience the everyday life of Coalbrookdale's ironmasters in the former homes of the Darby family.
Step inside the former homes of the Darby family and experience the everyday life of Coalbrookdale’s Quaker ironmasters.
Discover rooms packed with original family furniture, china, mementoes, costumes and family papers inside Rosehill House and Dale House.
- Marvel at the Darby family collections
- View the desk Abraham Darby III may have used when planning the Iron Bridge
- Dress up in period costumes
- Children can take part in a fun trail
- Take a look at the nearby Quaker burial ground
You should allow 1 hour for a visit to the Darby Houses. A café is available in the nearby Coalbrookdale Museum of Iron serving light meals and drinks. A large gift shop in the Coalbrookdale Museum of Iron sells a range of cast-iron goods and souvenirs.