Coalport China Museum
Coalport China Museum is one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. The National Collections of Coalport and Caughley china combined with demonstrations and hands-on activities make this a great day out for everyone.
Displays and demonstrations bring the history and techniques of china making to life at the once famous Coalport China Factory.
Explore the exquisite National Collections of Coalport and Caughley China in these magnificent listed buildings.
- Watch live demonstrations of traditional techniques including flower making, pot throwing and china painting
- View the Northumberland Vase, the largest piece of Coalport china ever produced
- Marvel at the Flower-encrusted ‘Coalbrookdale ware’ with its exuberant forms and fragile flowers
- Explore the buildings that were home to the famous Coalport China Factory until 1926
- Have fun in the Children’s Gallery with fun puzzles, activities and the chance to dress up
- Discover the distinctive bottle-shaped chimneys of our two surviving bottle ovens.
Download our detailed Access Guide here. You should allow 1 ½ hours for a visit to Coalport China Museum. A café is available at the adjacent Youth Hostel serving light meals and drinks (seasonal opening). A large gift shop in the Coalport China Museum sells a range of china goods and souvenirs.
Check the Events Calendar for further information on the drop-in creative workshops that run during all major school holidays where you can decorate a mug or plate with your own designs or sculpt with clay.
Summer Ceramic Activities
Join in drop-in ceramic activities at Coalport China Museum over the school summer holidays.