Blists Hill Victorian Town
Blists Hill Victorian Town is one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. Enjoy a truly memorable day out at this recreated Victorian Town. An enjoyable way for all ages to discover more about Victorian life.
Experience life as it was over 100 years ago through the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of a recreated Victorian Town.
Victorian characters will give you a fascinating insight into Victorian life as they go about their daily lives in their cottages, shops and places of work.
- Exchange your money at the Bank into pounds, shillings and pence
- Try some of our traditionally cooked fish and chips or delicious bread from the bakery
- Find out about curious remedies in the Victorian Pharmacy
- Browse the unusual products for sale in the Grocers and the General Drapers and Outfitter
- Choose from a range of ‘old favourites’ in the sweetshop
- Have fun at the Victorian Fairground during the Summer season
- Take a look inside Victorian cottages and discover what life was like for a Victorian housewife
- Dress up in Victorian costume to have an unforgettable portrait taken at the photographers
- Meet the animals and enjoy a journey around the town on a horse and cart
- Witness traditional skills in action at the printers, candle makers and decorative plasterers
- See red-hot metal being poured in the Iron Foundry on most Wednesday mornings
- Explore original industrial monuments such as the Hay Inclined Plane and Blast Furnaces
- We are big dog fans and love to see them in the Victorian Town. Sadly we can't welcome them in to exhibits or cafes where food is prepared or served
Download our detailed Access Guide here. You should allow 2 - 4 hours for a visit to Blists Hill Victorian Town. The site covers an area of 52 acres and is mostly outdoors. You will need to be adequately dressed for the weather as well as for walking on unmade roads.
Top Tip - as there is no cash point machine at Blists Hill Victorian Town, if you want to buy goods in the historic exhibits, please bring along some cash.
Check the Events Calendar for further information on the range of hands-on activities and events which run during most school holidays.
- Sat Nav: TF7 5UD
- View on Google Maps
- Open 7 days a week
- 10am – 5pm
Summer Holiday Candle Dipping Workshops
Come along to Blists Hill Victorian Town during the school summer holidays and take part in our fun drop-in workshop where you can make your own fabulously colourful...
Victorian Summer of Fun
Join the residents of Blists Hill Victorian Town this summer as they host a great variety of traditional activities.
The Country Fair
Blists Hill Victorian Town is recreating the atmosphere of a traditional Victorian Country Fair.
Blists Hill in Steam
See Blists Hill Victorian Town’s eclectic collection of steam machines in their full working splendour at our popular event.
This weekend members of the Telford and Ironbridge Meccano Society bring their magnificent metal creations to Blists Hill Victorian Town.
Join the residents of Blists Hill Victorian Town as they celebrate a traditional gypsy wedding.
Join us at Blists Hill Victorian Town on Sunday 18 September for the annual Harvest Festival. There will be Hymns in the Mission Church at 12 Noon and...
Dress up in your most scary costume and come along to the Ghostly Gaslight Halloween event at Blists Hill Victorian Town when the streets, shops and houses will...
Blists Hill Victorian Town will open its doors on the evening of Saturday 05 November for a spectacular Family Fireworks Extravaganza.
Join the residents at Blists Hill Victorian Town as they busily prepare for Christmas.