Blists Hill Victorian Town
Blists Hill Victorian Town is one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. Enjoy a truly memorable day out at this recreated Victorian Town. An enjoyable way for all ages to discover more about Victorian life.
Experience life as it was over 100 years ago through the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of a recreated Victorian Town.
Victorian characters will give you a fascinating insight into Victorian life as they go about their daily lives in their cottages, shops and places of work.
- Exchange your money at the Bank into pounds, shillings and pence
- Try some of our traditionally cooked fish and chips or delicious bread from the bakery
- Find out about curious remedies in the Victorian Pharmacy
- Admire the products on sale in the Grocers and the General Drapers and Outfitter
- Choose from a range of ‘old favourites’ in the sweetshop
- Have fun at the Victorian Fairground during the Summer season
- Take a look inside Victorian cottages and discover what life was like for a Victorian housewife
- Dress up in Victorian costume to have an unforgettable portrait taken at the photographers
- Meet the animals and enjoy a journey around the town on a horse and cart
- Witness traditional skills in action at the printers, candle makers and decorative plasterers
- Explore original industrial monuments such as the Hay Inclined Plane and Blast Furnaces
You should allow 2 - 4 hours for a visit to Blists Hill Victorian Town. The site covers an area of 52 acres and is mostly outdoors. You will need to be adequately dressed for the weather as well as for walking on unmade roads.
Check the Events Calendar for further information on the range of hands-on activities and events which run during most school holidays.
- Sat Nav: TF7 5UD
- View on Google Maps
- Open 7 days a week
- 10am – 5pm
Easter Holiday Family Activities
This Easter holiday you can join-in lots of fun drop-in activities at Blists Hill Victorian Town. Dip your own fabulously colourful candle, build a wall with mini-bricks, discover Morse...
Traditional Easter Celebrations
Join the residents of Blists Hill Victorian Town as they celebrate Easter over the Bank holiday weekend of 18 – 21 April.
St George’s Day
The residents of Blists Hill Victorian Town will be celebrating St George’s Day with a patriotic decorations and a re-enactment of the legend of St George & the...
Enjoy watching traditional maypole dancing on The Green at Blists Hill Victorian Town. You may even feel compelled to join in the fun as well! During your visit you’ll...
Blists Hill in Steam
See Blists Hill Victorian Town’s eclectic collection of steam machines in their full working splendour at our popular Bank Holiday Sunday & Monday event. Our winding engine will be...
‘A Load of old Nonsense’
From Saturday 10 to Monday 12 May the Prince Albert Players will be reading from the works of Edward Lear during the day, and also inviting visitors to...
Queen Victoria’s Birthday
Celebrate Her Majesty’s birthday over the Bank Holiday Weekend with special festivities and entertainment throughout the Town. The Town will be alive with patriotic activity and entertainment and all the...
Spring Half-term Family Activities
This half-term holiday you can join-in lots of fun drop-in activities at Blists Hill Victorian Town. Dip your own fabulously colourful candle, build a wall with mini-bricks, discover Morse...
Guild of Model Wheelwrights Display
Blists Hill Victorian Town will be hosting a display by the Guild of Model Wheelwrights in the Goods Shed over the weekend 7 & 8 June. During your visit...
Meet the Horses
Find out more about the Town’s horses, chat to their keepers and enjoy grooming demonstrations. During your visit you’ll also be able to chat to the Townsfolk in their...