Blists Hill Victorian Town
Blists Hill Victorian Town is one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. Enjoy a truly memorable day out at this recreated Victorian Town. An enjoyable way for all ages to discover more about Victorian life.
Experience life as it was over 100 years ago through the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of a recreated Victorian Town.
Victorian characters will give you a fascinating insight into Victorian life as they go about their daily lives in their cottages, shops and places of work.
- Exchange your money at the Bank into pounds, shillings and pence
- Try some of our traditionally cooked fish and chips or delicious bread from the bakery
- Find out about curious remedies in the Victorian Pharmacy
- Admire the products on sale in the Grocers and the General Drapers and Outfitter
- Choose from a range of ‘old favourites’ in the sweetshop
- Have fun at the Victorian Fairground during the Summer season
- Take a look inside Victorian cottages and discover what life was like for a Victorian housewife
- Dress up in Victorian costume to have an unforgettable portrait taken at the photographers
- Meet the animals and enjoy a journey around the town on a horse and cart
- Witness traditional skills in action at the printers, candle makers and decorative plasterers
- Explore original industrial monuments such as the Hay Inclined Plane and Blast Furnaces
- We are big dog fans and love to see them in the Victorian Town. Sadly we can't welcome them in to exhibits or cafes where food is prepared or served.
Download our detailed Access Guide here. You should allow 2 - 4 hours for a visit to Blists Hill Victorian Town. The site covers an area of 52 acres and is mostly outdoors. You will need to be adequately dressed for the weather as well as for walking on unmade roads.
Top Tip - as there is no cash point machine at Blists Hill Victorian Town, if you want to buy goods in the historic exhibits, please bring along some cash.
Check the Events Calendar for further information on the range of hands-on activities and events which run during most school holidays.
- Sat Nav: TF7 5UD
- View on Google Maps
- Open 7 days a week
- 10am – 5pm
Dementia Awareness Day
We’re marking National Dementia Awareness Week, 15 – 21 May, by inviting those living with dementia and their carers to come and enjoy a visit to Blists Hill...
Queen Victoria’s Birthday
Visit Blists Hill this half term to celebrate Queen Victoria’s Birthday! See the town dressed for the occasion and experience our parties, parades and fun...
Jane Austen's Emma - Outdoor Production
Hotbuckle Productions will be coming to Blists Hill Victorian Town for the first time on Saturday 4 June with their own inspired adaptation of Jane Austen’s romantic novel, Emma....
Blitz Hill - A 1940's Evening on the Home Front
Enjoy an evening on the home front as Blists Hill Victorian Town is transformed to the 1940s.
We’re inviting dads to visit Blists Hill Victorian Town as our guest on Sunday 19 June, when they can follow in Sherlock Holmes footsteps at a detective themed...
The UK’s top cyclo-cross riders will ride modern bikes through Blists Hill Victorian Town as part of a challenging cycling event. The exciting Queen Victoria Cyclo-Cross will attract in...
Summer Holiday Candle Dipping Workshops
Come along to Blists Hill Victorian Town during the school summer holidays and take part in our fun drop-in workshop where you can make your own fabulously colourful...
The Country Fair
Blists Hill Victorian Town is recreating the atmosphere of a traditional Victorian Country Fair. Come along and play traditional games on The Green with the Town’s residents, watch demonstrations,...
A Victorian Childhood
Join us on the Green at Blists Hill Victorian Town for an event based on a Victorian childhood.
Blists Hill in Steam
See Blists Hill Victorian Town’s eclectic collection of steam machines in their full working splendour at our popular event.