Blists Hill Victorian Town
Blists Hill Victorian Town is one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. Enjoy a truly memorable day out at this recreated Victorian Town. An enjoyable way for all ages to discover more about Victorian life.
Experience life as it was over 100 years ago through the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of a recreated Victorian Town.
Victorian characters will give you a fascinating insight into Victorian life as they go about their daily lives in their cottages, shops and places of work.
- Exchange your money at the Bank into pounds, shillings and pence
- Try some of our traditionally cooked fish and chips or delicious bread from the bakery
- Find out about curious remedies in the Victorian Pharmacy
- Admire the products on sale in the Grocers and the General Drapers and Outfitter
- Choose from a range of ‘old favourites’ in the sweetshop
- Have fun at the Victorian Fairground during the Summer season
- Take a look inside Victorian cottages and discover what life was like for a Victorian housewife
- Dress up in Victorian costume to have an unforgettable portrait taken at the photographers
- Meet the animals and enjoy a journey around the town on a horse and cart
- Witness traditional skills in action at the printers, candle makers and decorative plasterers
- Explore original industrial monuments such as the Hay Inclined Plane and Blast Furnaces
You should allow 2 - 4 hours for a visit to Blists Hill Victorian Town. The site covers an area of 52 acres and is mostly outdoors. You will need to be adequately dressed for the weather as well as for walking on unmade roads.
Top Tip - as there is no cash point machine at Blists Hill Victorian Town, if you want to buy goods in the historic exhibits, please bring along some cash.
Check the Events Calendar for further information on the range of hands-on activities and events which run during most school holidays.
- Sat Nav: TF7 5UD
- View on Google Maps
- Open 7 days a week
- 10am – 5pm
Summer Holiday Candle Dipping Workshops
Come along to Blists Hill Victorian Town during the school summer holidays and take part in our fun drop-in workshop where you can make your own fabulously colourful...
NEW EVENT FOR 2015. Join us on the Green at Blists Hill Victorian Town for a brand new event based on Victorian costume & fashion.
Blists Hill at Play
NEW EVENT FOR 2015. Join us on the Green at Blists Hill Victorian Town for a brand new event based on Victorian leisure time.
A Victorian Childhood
NEW EVENT FOR 2015. Join us on the Green at Blists Hill Victorian Town for a brand new event based on a Victorian childhood.
This weekend members of the Telford and Ironbridge Meccano Society bring their magnificent metal creations to Blists Hill Victorian Town.
Oliver Twist Weekend
Join us at Blists Hill Victorian Town this weekend where we’ll be taking a closer look at Charles Dickens’ celebrated novel, Oliver Twist.
‘Mine It, Make It, Move It’
Visitors to Blists Hill Victorian Town will be able to find out more about the innovation and technology of the Industrial Revolution at our Mine It, Make It,...
October Candle Dipping Workshops
Come along to Blists Hill Victorian Town during the October school half-term holidays and take part in our fun drop-in workshop where you can make your own fabulously...
*Tickets for Ghostly Gaslight are only available in advance of the event.* Dress up in your most scary costume and come along to the Ghostly Gaslight Halloween event at...
Blists Hill Victorian Town will open its doors on the evening of Saturday 07 November for a spectacular Family Fireworks Extravaganza.