Blists Hill Victorian Town
Blists Hill Victorian Town is one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. Enjoy a truly memorable day out at this recreated Victorian Town. An enjoyable way for all ages to discover more about Victorian life.
Blists Hill Victorian Town will close at 4pm on Saturday 17 June - we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Experience life as it was over 100 years ago through the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of a recreated Victorian Town.
Victorian characters will give you a fascinating insight into Victorian life as they go about their daily lives in their cottages, shops and places of work.
- Exchange your money at the Bank into pounds, shillings and pence
- Try some of our traditionally cooked fish and chips or delicious bread from the bakery
- Find out about curious remedies in the Victorian Pharmacy
- Browse the unusual products for sale in the Grocers and the General Drapers and Outfitter
- Choose from a range of ‘old favourites’ in the sweetshop
- Have fun at the Victorian Fairground during the Summer season
- Take a look inside Victorian cottages and discover what life was like for a Victorian housewife
- Dress up in Victorian costume to have an unforgettable portrait taken at the photographers
- Meet the animals and enjoy a journey around the town on a horse and cart
- Witness traditional skills in action at the printers, candle makers and decorative plasterers
- See red-hot metal being poured in the Iron Foundry on most Wednesday mornings
- Explore original industrial monuments such as the Hay Inclined Plane and Blast Furnaces
- We are big dog fans and love to see them in the Victorian Town. Sadly we can't welcome them in to exhibits or cafes where food is prepared or served
Download our detailed Access Guide here. You should allow 2 - 4 hours for a visit to Blists Hill Victorian Town. The site covers an area of 52 acres and is mostly outdoors. You will need to be adequately dressed for the weather as well as for walking on unmade roads.
Top Tip - as there is no cash point machine at Blists Hill Victorian Town, if you want to buy goods in the historic exhibits, please bring along some cash.
Check the Events Calendar for further information on the range of hands-on activities and events which run during most school holidays.
- Sat Nav: TF7 5UD
- View on Google Maps
- Open 7 days a week
- 10am – 4.30pm
Steampunks and their friends are invited to Blists Hill Victorian Town over the weekend of 1 & 2 July for our first ever Steampunk Festival.
Corsets & clogs are blended together at Ironbridge’s first ever Steampunk gathering at Blists Hill Victorian Town. Check back for details closer to the time of the event. Activities...
The UK’s top cyclo-cross riders will ride modern bikes through Blists Hill Victorian Town as part of a challenging cycling event. The exciting Queen Victoria Cyclo-Cross will attract in...
1930s Supper and Song Evening
Step back in time, and along to some fantastic music, at our nostalgic 1930s-themed music hall evening at Blists Hill Victorian Town.
Blists Hill in Steam
Blists Hill Victorian Town will be ‘in steam’ on Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 August, giving you a rare chance to get up close and personal with an...
1940s Supper and Song Evening
Step back in time, and along to some fantastic music, at our nostalgic 1940s-themed music hall evening at Blists Hill Victorian Town.
Join us for our annual Halloween fright night on Saturday 28 October, 6pm-9pm, at Blists Hill Victorian Town. Wander the streets, shops and houses which will be transformed...
This evening really is one of the highlights of our events calendar.
1950s and 60s Supper and Song Evening
Step back in time, and along to some fantastic music, at our nostalgic 1950s and 60s-themed music hall evening at Blists Hill Victorian Town.
Experience the magic of a Victorian Christmas with family and friends at Blists Hill Victorian Town.