Blists Hill Victorian Town
Blists Hill Victorian Town is one of the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. Enjoy a truly memorable day out at this recreated Victorian Town. An enjoyable way for all ages to discover more about Victorian life.
Experience life as it was over 100 years ago through the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of a recreated Victorian Town.
Victorian characters will give you a fascinating insight into Victorian life as they go about their daily lives in their cottages, shops and places of work.
- Exchange your money at the Bank into pounds, shillings and pence
- Try some of our traditionally cooked fish and chips or delicious bread from the bakery
- Find out about curious remedies in the Victorian Pharmacy
- Admire the products on sale in the Grocers and the General Drapers and Outfitter
- Choose from a range of ‘old favourites’ in the sweetshop
- Have fun at the Victorian Fairground during the Summer season
- Take a look inside Victorian cottages and discover what life was like for a Victorian housewife
- Dress up in Victorian costume to have an unforgettable portrait taken at the photographers
- Meet the animals and enjoy a journey around the town on a horse and cart
- Witness traditional skills in action at the printers, candle makers and decorative plasterers
- Explore original industrial monuments such as the Hay Inclined Plane and Blast Furnaces
You should allow 2 - 4 hours for a visit to Blists Hill Victorian Town. The site covers an area of 52 acres and is mostly outdoors. You will need to be adequately dressed for the weather as well as for walking on unmade roads.
Check the Events Calendar for further information on the range of hands-on activities and events which run during most school holidays.
- Sat Nav: TF7 5UD
- View on Google Maps
- Open 7 days a week
- 10am – 5pm
Summer Holiday Family Activities
This Summer holiday you can join-in lots of fun drop-in activities at Blists Hill Victorian Town. Dip your own fabulously colourful candle, build a wall with mini-bricks, discover Morse...
If you're visiting Blists Hill Victorian Town you'll be able to enjoy outdoor performances by renowned Shropshire theatre group, Kaleidoscope Theatre. They will be giving their classic cameo performances...
Sherlock Holmes Weekend
Are you an amateur sleuth and budding private detective? If so, you can help Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson solve a mysterious crime, which has taken place at...
See some amazing working Meccano models in the Goods Shed and find out more about the versatile building system with the Telford Meccano Society.
Oliver Twist Weekend
NEW FOR 2014! Join us at Blists Hill Victorian Town this weekend for a brand new event. We’ll be taking a closer look at Charles Dickens’...
‘Mine It, Make It, Move It’
Visitors to Blists Hill Victorian Town will be able to find out more about the innovation and technology of the Industrial Revolution at our Mine It, Make It,...
Join the townsfolk at Blists Hill Victorian Town as they prepare for winter. During your visit you’ll also be able to chat to the Townsfolk in their shops and...
The annual harvest will be celebrated in a traditional fashion with a display of produce and a thanksgiving service in the Mission Church. During your visit you’ll also be...
October Half-term Family Activities
This October holiday you can join-in lots of fun drop-in activities at Blists Hill Victorian Town. Dip your own fabulously colourful candle, build a wall with mini-bricks, discover Morse...
The Big Draw
Take part in the national Big Draw initiative during the autumn half-term and help create a large scale, mixed media artwork at Blists Hill Victorian...