Group portrait of 14 women outside the Coalport Coffee House

Next » « Previous
19822768.jpg

The Coalport Coffee House was opened in 1892 in order to provide Coalport workers with a clean place to eat and a decent meal. It closed after 1917. Mrs Duddell, who joined the China Works as an apprentice in 1907 at the age of 13, recalled fetching tea and cocoa from the Coffee House for her fellow workers.

Back to Women at Coalport