Welwyn Viaduct

Next » « Previous

This viaduct was one of the most impressive structures on the Great Northern Railway’s main line between London and Doncaster. The section between the capital and Peterborough was officially opened on 8 August 1850, but three days before that, the directors were treated to a journey across the viaduct in a train hauled by two locomotives, just visible in this painting.

Back to Elton