Puffing Billy

Next » « Previous
AE185_319.jpg

This locomotive was originally built by William Hedley (1779-1843) for use at Wylam Colliery, Northumberland after Richard Trevithick had refused to supply one of his own design. Hedley’s engine was modified over the years, and this photograph shows it in the state is was when presented to the South Kensington Museum in 1863.

Back to Elton