Port Madoc from the Embankment

Next » « Previous

In 1807, William Madocks (1773-1828) began to build a mile long embankment across the mouth of Traeth Maw so that slate from the Ffestiniog quarries could be brought down to a new port being developed at Port Madoc. In 1814 a tramway was built across what was termed ‘The Cob’ as shown in this print.

Back to Elton